Minimum Quantity Lubrication: Lubricants
UNIST's proprietary Coolube products are premium quality, vegetable-based lubricants that deliver superior performance in machining and cutting applications. These highly refined, biodegradable fluids are specially formulated to work with ferrous and non-ferrous metals. Because it is a premium quality lubricant, the price of a gallon of Coolube is higher than conventional lubricants. However, Coolube is actually cheaper by the drop than messy flood and mist-type lubricants.
Coolube improves work environment; lowers other manufacturing costs:
- Non-polluting: biodegradable; eliminates disposal costs
- Non-toxic: contains no chlorine, silicones or petroleum products; safe for workers to handle
- Non-hazardous: eliminates air-borne mist particles and related health issues
- Non-drying; non-staining: reduces scrap metal
- Promotes longer tool life
- Performs especially well under extreme pressure and in heavy-duty cutting operations
- Increases production speed
- Minimizes or eliminates exit burrs, oversize holes and rough finishes; reduces cost of reworking parts
- Lets you plate, paint or seal over a surface after a detergent, warm water or cleaning cycle because there is so little residue.
Saves production steps; does not require:
- coolant testing
- coolant treatment
- tool coatings
- high pressure systems
- electric pumps
- high pressure flood systems
- Produces clean, dry chips
- Reduces housekeeping time; cleans up with warm water and soap solution
- Food-safe formula available
- Saves floor space
Use Coolube correctly in the proper amounts and it will yield the lowest net manufacturing cost of any lubricating fluid.